Owner Operator Information
• Minimum age of 23 years
• No DUI, DWI, or Reckless Driving charges in the last seven years
• No major preventable accidents in the last three years
• Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug test
• Must be able to verify last 10 years of employment
• Southland Transportation pays Owner Operators for loaded and empty miles plus fuel surcharge.
• Additional Benefits and Services
• Fuel network and fuel card
• Daily Advances available
• Assistance in obtaining base plate
• QUALCOMM Communication System
• Proof of payment of Federal Highway Use Tax (Form 2290)
• Federal ID# or Social Security Number
• Copy of Bill of Sale
• Copy of Title
• Proof of Insurance
• Covered under Southland’s liability and cargo policies.
• Physical damage based on the value of your tractor — available through Southland
• Bobtail Insurance $37.00 per month — available through Southland
• Worker’s Compensation
• Required escrow of $1,000.00 for fuel card, repairs, and accident deductible taken out at $50.00 per week.
• Accidental escrow is optional. This escrow account is your money for repairs, taxes, tags, etc. You determine the amount.